Sunday, February 22, 2009

My Two Cents

With the Oscars up in a couple hours, I thought I'd throw out my predictions on the winners. Most of these I've given a lot of thought to but let's be serious I'm gonna be guessing when it comes to short films, costumes, etc. Enjoy!

Best Picture - Slumdog Millionaire (it's been cleaning up all the awards and it probably will win today...although watch out for The Reader, it's been gaining alot of steam and support)

Best Actor - Mickey Rourke/The Wrestler (it'll be neck and neck between Rourke and Sean Pean for Milk...I'm picking Mickey as everyone loves a comeback)

Best Actress - Kate Winslet/The Reader (everyone's picking Winslet so I will too)

Best Supporting Actor - Heath Ledger/The Dark Knight

Best Supporting Actress - Marisa Tomei/The Wrestler

Best Director - Danny Boyle/Slumdog Millionaire (how Christopher Nolan isn't in this list still upsets me, but Best Picture winner and Best Director winner usually go hand in hand)

Best Documentary - Man on Wire

Best Documentary Short - The Witness-From the Balcony of Room 306

Animated Feature - WALL-E

Foreign Language Film - Waltz with Bashir

Original Screenplay - Dustin Lance Black/Milk

Adapted Screenplay - Simon Beaufoy/Slumdog Millionaire

Cinematography - Slumdog Millionaire (could also be Benjamin Button)

Art Direction - The Dark Knight

Animated Short Film - Presto

Live Action Short Film - Auf der Strecke

Visual Effects - The Dark Knight (I want Dark Knight but it will probably be Benjamin Button)

Costume Design - The Duchess (this award always goes to period pieces)

Film Editing - The Dark Knight

Sound Mixing - The Dark Knight

Sound Editing - The Dark Knight

Original Score - Slumdog Millionaire

Original Song - Jai Ho from Slumdog Millionaire

Makeup - The Curious Case of Benjamin Button

We'll see how many I get out of 24.

No comments:

Post a Comment